Vanguard newspaper is one of the highly rated newspaper in Nigeria now and one of the most read newspaper in Nigeria today. We are going to review 5 hot news that makes vanguard newspaper headline today.
1. Lack of borrowing will limit govt’s ability to execute projects, says Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has written to the Senate, seeking approval for external loan of $5.5 billion to enable the Federal Government finance the 2017 budget
President Buhari’s loan request was contained in a letter to the Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki, which was read on the floor of the Senate, yesterday
2. Why Ohanaeze supports IPOB’s ban—Nwodo
3. 2019: Northern leaders condemn Fayose’s declaration, insist on presidential ticket
4. Family reacts to death of another Davido’s friend, DJ Olu
The family of late Gbemiga Abiodun, better known as DJ Olu, one of Davido’s official DJs, has urged the public to disregard insinuations about his death. Davido’s and his late friend, DJ Olu The 25-year-old son of oil magnate, Dapo Abiodun, was found unconscious in his car a few days ago, alongs a friend identified as Chime Amaechi
5. NNPC feud: Kachikwu wants petroleum minister’s powers whittled down, meets Baru
The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Mr. Ibe Kachikwu and the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Mr. Maikanti Baru, yesterday, put aside their differences and discussed opportunities in the Nigerian petroleum industry and ways to grow the sector.