Donald ‘Trump did not personally sack Ogunlesi’ but has dissolved the advisory council that have a Nigerian International CEO Adebajo Ogunlesi as a member. He did not personally pick out Nigeria’s Ogunlesi and sacked him as reported by some Nigeria newspaper.
The sack of Ogunlesi has drawn some negative comments among Nigerians as some described as a racism. To get the record straight Trump did not personally sack Ogunlesi but dissolved advisory council that advice him on how to “Make America Great Again”.
Trump did not personally sack Ogunlesi but dissolved advisory council
Ogunlesi was a member of Strategic and Policy Forum, one of the two disbanded by the unpredictable president.
The other group was the Manufacturing Jobs Initiative Council. Ogunlesi, heads Global Infrastructure Partners, a private equity firm and one of Fortune 500 companies. He was the only African on the panel.
The New York Times reported before Trump’s tweeted dissolution, that members of Ogunlesi’s panel were debating dissolving the body entirely as Trump wallowed deeper into bigotry quagmire. But Trump preempted their move.
Members of Donald Trump advisory council
The members of Donald Trump advisory council dissolved alongside Ogunlesi Strategic and Policy forum are;
- Stephen Schwarzman (forum chairman), chairman, CEO, and cofounder of Blackstone
- Paul Atkins, CEO of Patomak Global Partners, former commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Mary Barra, chairwoman and CEO, General Motors
- Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic
- Jamie Dimon, chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Larry Fink, chairman and CEO, BlackRock
- Bob Iger, chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company
- Rich Lesser, president and CEO, Boston Consulting Group
- Doug McMillon, president and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- Jim McNerney, former chairman, president, and CEO of Boeings
- Ginni Rometty, chairwoman, president, and CEO of IBM
- Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family Distinguished Visiting Fellow in economics at the Hoover Institute, former member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Mark Weinberger, global chairman and CEO, EY
- Jack Welch, former chairman and CEO, General Electric
- Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer Prize winner, vice chairman of IHS Markit
Trump did not personally sack Ogunlesi but dissolved advisory councils.