Transfer Window: Ronaldo join Juventus On A Transfer Deal of £100m, A deal worth of £100m has been reached between the two clubs to sign the Portuguese star player on a four-year deal with the Italian club Juventus. 33 year old Cristiano Ronaldo, won four Champions League titles in his nine years at Real.
“The time has come to open a new stage in my life, that’s why I asked the club to accept transferring me” He said.
The top two world record transfer fees have been paid out by Paris St-Germain – the £200m they paid Barcelona for Brazil forward Neymar last August, and the fee of around £166m for France forward Kylian Mbappe in July after a successful season on loan with PSG.
Barcelona also paid Liverpool £142m for Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho in January. For Juventus, the fee they will pay for Ronaldo is set to eclipse the £75.3m they paid for forward Gonzalo Higuain from Napoli in July 2016.
Ronaldo join Juventus On A Transfer Deal of £100m
Ronaldo’s career in stats
- 451 – Ronaldo’s Real Madrid-record goal tally, in 438 games.
- 17 – his record goal tally for a Champions League season, in 2013-14.
- 105 – total Champions League goals for the club, which also included 16 in 2015-16 and 15 in the most recent campaign.
- 311 – goals in La Liga.
- 16 – major trophies with the club, including two La Ligas and four Champions Leagues, three Club World Cups and three European Super Cups.
- 44 – hat-tricks for Madrid including a club-record 34 in La Liga.
- 8 – the number of times he scored four or more goals in a Real match. That included five-goal league hauls against Granada in 2014-15 and Espanyol the following season.
- 61 – his most prolific season for Real came in 2014-15 with 61 goals in all competitions, including 48 in the league.
- 659 – career goals, including five for Sporting Lisbon, 118 for Manchester United, 451 for Real Madrid and 85 for Portugal.
“Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with Real Madrid Club De Fùtbol S.p.A. for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Dos Santos Aveiro Cristiano Ronaldo has been reached for a consideration of € 100 million payable in 2 financial years, in addition to the solidarity contribution provided by FIFA regulations and additional costs of € 12 million
Ronaldo join Juventus On A Transfer Deal of £100m, Juve president Andrea Agnelli had traveled to Greece, where Ronaldo is vacationing, to finalize the four-year deal on Tuesday. The transfer fee puts Ronaldo among the 10 most expensive transfers ever for the second time. An exorbitant salary will bring him closer to, if not beyond, the wages of Lionel Messi and Neymar.
Along with its confirmation, Real Madrid published a goodbye letter from Ronaldo. “I have only feeling of enormous gratitude for this club,” the 33-year-old said. “However, I believe that the time has come to open a new stage in my life, and therefore I have asked the club to accept transferring me.”
Ronaldo departs Madrid on the back of a historic third consecutive Champions League title. He scored an astounding 450 goals and claimed 15 total trophies over nine seasons. He won four Ballon d’Or awards as the best player on the planet.