Nnamdi Kanu removed as Radio Biafra director. The Radio Biafra internation body has removed its director Nnamdi Kanu. Kanu is accused for allegedly diverted and looted about $40m to purchase landed properties abroad in his name and that of his father, Igwe Israel Kanu. The Radio Biafra resumed operating this morning with the shocked announcement.
Nnamdi Kanu also accused of Personalisation of the Biafran struggle and derailing from the core objectives of IPOB as a grassroots movement.
Nnamdi Kanu removed as Radio Biafra director for looting $40m from IPOB
According to Daily Post Nigeria, The Radio Biafra’s programme started between 6am -7am on Sunday with the lady announcer, who gave her name as Ifeoma Okorafor, stating that the radio was restructuring. She made the announcement that Nnamdi Kanu has been sacked as a director of Radio Biafra.
The “Mazi Nnamdi Nwanekaenyi Kanu, the former Director of Radio Biafra is hereby dismissed and removed as Director of Radio Biafra following extensive and intensive consultations”
She also highlighted some reasons why Kanu was removed as Radio Biafra director. The reasons are stated below.
Reasons why Nnamdi Kanu removed as Radio Biafra Director
- Personalization of the Biafran struggle and derailing from the core objectives of IPOB as a grassroots movement.
- Kanu’s actions and his decisions to incite members of IPOB towards violence leading to the death of many innocent young people in Onitsha, Aba and Umuahia is totally unacceptable and grossly irresponsible.
- Kanu privately collected £14 million and another $22 million to purchase landed properties abroad in his name and that of his father, Igwe Israel Kanu, in a clear case of ‘monkey dey work baboon dey chop’.
- Kanu turned our collective struggle into a money-making enterprise for himself and his father. Thus the monies contributed by enterprising and hard-working Igbo youths across the world are being collected and converted by one man and his father while pretending to be sacrificing for the cause.
- Upon his release from detention in April 2017, one expected Kanu to drum up support for the release of his colleagues and co-detainees such as Chidiebere Onwudiwe, Benjamin Madubugwu and David Nwawuisi.
- Kanu threw away the original meaning of our collective struggle for personal gain and vain glorification. IPOB believes in democracy as a solid base of any modern state, the rule of law, and will always reject violence in all its ramifications.
The sacked Nnamdi Kanu has been replaced by Mazi Ezenwachukwu Sampson Okwudili.
Nnamdi Kanu spotted in Delta State by Nigerian Army
IPOB threatens Anambra residents vote and end up in grave [Video]