Nigerian Peace Corps bill is passed-How to join Nigerian Peace Corps. Senate has passed the bill establishing the Nigeria Peace Corps on Tuesday 25, 2017. What it means is that Nigerian Peace Corps is now legal and everyone can apply to join them. However it awaiting president assent. Here we are going to show you how to join Nigeria Peace Corps easily.
Nigerian Peace Corps bill is passed-How to join Nigerian Peace Corps
This is what you should know about Nigerian Peace Corp.
- Promote Social and Economic Development by involving Members and Volunteers in the scheme through working with Government, Schools, Non-Profit Organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations, etc. in order to preoccupy the youths;
- ( To empower and pre-occupy Nigerian Youths through job creation and provision of alternative employment;
- Training Nigerian Youths with good virtuous, strong passion and commitment to the art of Patriotism, Volunteerism Community Services and Nation Building;
- To train and equip the Youths with knowledge for Peace Education, Conflict Resolution, Mediation, Reconciliation and Confidence Building;
How to join Nigerian Peace Corps
Nigerian Peace Corps is a para-military agency. If you want to join Nigerian Peace Corps just log on to their official website when this year application form for 2017 is out then you can apply. Log on to http://peacecorpsofnigeria.org/ or Visit this page frequently for we shall update anytime the Peace Corps recruitment form is out.
For you to join the Nigerian Peace Corps, these are the requirements
General Requirements for Peace Corps Recruitment 2017
- Be a Nigerian citizen by birth or descent;
- Not less than 18 years or more than 35 years of age;
- Not less than 1.7 metres in height for male and 1.64 metres for female;
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres;
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment into the Service;
- Not suffering from any form of mental or physical disability;
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment;
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence;
- Candidates with any of the following medical cases need not apply:
- Sight problem;
- Hearing difficulties;
- Previous major orthopedic operation;
- Flat foot;
- Fracture, stammering or any other natural disability;
- Pregnant women
Peace Corps Recruitments Academic Qualifications
- West African School Certificate (WASC) or Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSSC) with Credits in not less than three (3) subjects including English and at least passes in two (2) other subjects; or
- National Examination Council (NECO)/General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with passes in four (4) subjects obtained at one sitting or five (5) subjects obtained at two sittings including English Language.)
- National Diploma (ND) obtained from a recognized institution.
- National Certificate of Education (NCE) from a recognized institution; or
- General Certificate of Education (Advance Level) in two (2) subjects obtained at one sitting or three (3) subjects obtained at two sittings.)
Check time to time for the recruitment as Nigerian Peace Corps bill is passed-How to join Nigerian Peace Corps