The National Examination Council NECO on Friday released the June/July 2016 Senior School Certificate Examination results with 88.51 per cent of the candidates having at least five credit passes, including in Mathematics and English Language.
Registrar of the council, Prof. Charles Uwakwe, while announcing the results at the examination body’s headquarters in Minna, Niger State, said that 905,011 (84.54 per cent) of the candidates that took the examination got five credits and above in English Language and 812,846 (80.16 per cent) got five credits and above in Mathematics.
Uwakwe said the comparative analysis of candidates’ performances in the examinations for 2015 and 2016 showed a one per cent increase in the general performance of candidates in 2016 (88.51%) when compared with that of 2015 (87.51%).
He said that 1,022,474 candidates in Nigeria and other countries partook in the examination out of 1,027,016 who had registered for it.
Uwakwe also said that 43,905 cases of malpractices were recorded and identified the number of schools involved in mass cheating as 194.
According to him, the results of affected candidates have been cancelled.
- 12 years old girl gang raped to death in Anambra [Graphic Photos]
- Ighalo reveals why Nigeria lost to Croatia in World cup opener
- Brazil 1 – 1 Switzerland: Switzerland held Brazil to one all draw
- Brazil 1 – 1 Switzerland live scores from the tough match
- Brazil vs Switzerland live updates as it happens
- Makarfi joins presidential race vows to kick out Buhari
- Nigerian Man Kisses His Croatian Babe On The Streets Of Russia after Eagle lost
- Russia world cup 2018 goals catalog for every matches
- 100 Happy Fathers day 2018 Messages, wishes, Quotes and Pictures you can send to Fathers
- Croatia 2-0 Nigeria: Nigerians react hilariously to 2 zero lost to Croatia