As the 2019 Presidential election is approaching, People are to make a choice whether to continue with Buhari’s government or to chop for his replacement. To make the choice clearer for the people here are the list outstanding achievements of Buhari’s government in South-West.
According to a nairalander, who posted some of the achievements of Buhari’s government in South-West.
He wrote. As a firm enthusiast in the development of the country, I’ll be posting a series of critical infrastructural projects with some pictures of both ongoing and completed projects across the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria, starting from the South West.
Some of the projects were inherited from previous administrations while some were initiated by this government.
list outstanding achievements of Buhari’s government in South-West
Buhari Administration Projects in South West Nigeria:
1. Rehabilitation and Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway: The project is now being funded by the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) established by President Buhari in 2018 to fund critical infrastructure projects (ongoing)
2. Rehabilitation of outstanding sections of Sagamu-Ore Expressway (ongoing)
3. Construction of 158km Lagos-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail, with 10 Stations: Apapa, Ebute Metta, Agege, Agbado, Kajola, Papalanto, Abeokuta, Olodo, Omi-Adio and Ibadan. (ongoing)
4. Reconstruction of Apapa — TinCan — Mile 2 — Oshodi- Oworonshoki Expressway (commenced November 2018) . This is the first full reconstruction of the Road since it was first constructed in the 1970s. (ongoing)
5. Dualisation of Oyo-Ogbomosho road (funded by the N100 billion Sukuk Bond issued by the Federal Government in 2017) (ongoing)
6. Rehabilitation of Lagos-Otta-Abeokuta Road (ongoing)
7. Rehabilitation of Ikorodu-Sagamu Road (ongoing)
8. Construction of US$10 million Cancer Treatment Center at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) (ongoing)
9. A $21 million project funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) — will stabilize power supply to more than 200,000 people in and around Apapa in Lagos State. The contract was signed between the Japanese and Nigerian Governments in November 2018.
10. Energizing Economies Programme — Electrification of Sura Shopping Complex (1,000 shops), Shomolu Printing Community (4,000 shops), Gbagi Market, Oyo (7,872 shops), Ita-Osun Market, Ogun (2,814 shops), Nnamdi Azikiwe Market, Lagos (3,091 shops), Balogun Market, Lagos (1,662 shops), Iponri Market, Lagos (1,305 shops), UMBC, Oyo (700 shops), Isikan Market, Ondo (277 shops), Bariga Market, Lagos (390 shops), Erinwe, Ogun (1,280 fish ponds) (ongoing)
Picture 4: Completed Independent Power Plant at Sura Shopping Complex in Lagos Island.
11. Social Investment Programme: 96,000 N-Power Beneficiaries across the six States of the Southwest. School Feeding currently ongoing in 4 States of the Southwest: Oyo, Ogun, Ondo and Osun.