Sometimes, we send an incomplete or regrettable email, we wish to undo, to lean how to undo your sent messages, do read on.
Gmail is a free email software that you can also use as one of your marketing platforms for your products and services. A lot of people in the world have an account with Gmail which is awesome. In addition the family integration all of google’s finest applications such as the G-suite,Google Drive,Google chrome that comes with the use of a Gmail account is equally fascinating.
And now Google has is doing a whole lot of upgrades,integrating a wide range of features on this apps to give you added efficiency. One of these new features is the ability to undo sent emails which is available in the Android version of the Gmail app and via your email on the desktop version. This undo function means that you can retrieve emails already sent out from your device within 30 seconds of sending the message.
This feature works for emails sent to other non-google email accounts as well as Gmail to Gmail email communication. To learn more about this feature and how to use it, do read on.
How to undo sent messages on your Android phone and desktop
First you should know that this feature is available for Gmail 8.7 and above. So you may need to update your Gmail app before you can start using it. Once you have done the upgrade, follow the steps below to undo sent messages in Gmail.
- When you have composed and sent a message, look to the bottom right corner or your screen you will see the undo button.
- tap “undo”
- Now return to draft for the mail you initially sent.
- This feature works quite well, whether you are sending the email to another Gmail or other email services.
***When you wish to undo, on your Android phone, you should see a picture like this:
Undo sent message does not work
If you tried the steps above and it did not work, then it means that your “Undo send” feature is turned off. To activate this feature, follow the instructions below:
- Launch the Gmail app or visit the Gmail website
- On the top right corner, click “settings”
- Navigate to find the “Undo Send” section. Check the box next to “Enable Undo Send” and click to mark it.
- Next, in the “send cancellation period” button, specify how long you wish to keep this feature turned on
- check the bottom of the page, you will find the ” Save Changes” button. Click it to save.
Now you can start using this feature seamlessly at your comfort to undo sent messages with ease.