Would you love to learn how to log out of your Google Account on Android, if the answer is affirmative, then read on
Sometimes you may wish to log out of your Google Account on your Android device but have to idea how to go about it. If you try navigating the Gmail app, you will see that this feature is not exactly visible. No worries anyway, we will show you three awesome ways you can log out of your Google account with ease.
But note, when you do log out of your Google Account, you may stop receiving notifications from applications that may be linked with this feature.
Also, here below are three methods that you can use to log out of your Google Account but you must be cautious about the method you pick, some methods will completely wipe your phone, while others will simply log you out.
These methods can come in handy even when you lose your Android device, so you can quickly erase your phone from a remote spot.
How to log out of your Google Account on Android
Method 1: Using Settings
With this method, you will simply be logging out without erasing your data from your device. This is the most used method and can be quite effective. But you must have another account logged in before you can use this method. if you do not have any, create one before using it.
To begin, use the steps below:
- Open your Android’s Settings by tapping on the settings app
- Now scroll down and click on ” Users & accounts
- Select the account you wish removed
- And click” Remove” to log out of the account
- Remember you cannot remove the primary account this way as that can only be removed by using factory reset or “Find my device“
Note: if you are using Android 4.0 and below, you must first tap ” Google” before selecting an account. Also, if you cannot remove the account, then it is your primary account.
Check this out: How to undo sent messages in Gmail
Method 2: Using a Factory Reset
This method may be used when you want to sign out of your primary account but NOTE THIS, when you use this method you are erasing all the data on your phone. Therefore, you should consider backing up your device before doing this.
- Begin, by going to your settings app
- Now tap the “Reset” button found at the bottom of your settings list
- Now tap ” Erase data”
- Enter your android PIN or password to activate the erase function.
- Lastly, tap ” Erase everything”
- This process may take some minutes but at the end of it, you will have successfully erased your phone
And this bit!: UBA Chat Banking (UBA Leo) becomes “Leo on Whatsapp”
Method 3: Using Find My Device
This method requires that your device is linked before now to the Find My Device. Linking to Find my device is the first form of securing or keeping track of your phone even when it is stolen. To learn more, click here
Using a different device( smartphone, tab or laptop) and then visit this website and then follow the instructions below:
- Log into your Google Account
- You may be prompted by using the Google email address
- Now click to either ” Lock”, Secure your device or erase the device
- By licking secure, you have successfully signed out of the device.
- Next, enter a new password and retype it to confirm the new password
And there you have it, awesome ways to log out of your google account on Android. I hope you find this information on how to log out of your Google Account on Android relevant