General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) kick off on May 25 across the Europian Countries. Facebook has been sending notifications to Facebook’s page owners stating the commencement day and possibly prepare its users ahead of time. Are you ready? After May 25 you just have to comply with Facebook General Data Protection Regulation or you will be hampered by Facebook. Here we are going to show you how to comply with Facebook General Data Protection Regulation. Well The regulations impact any business that uses the personal data of EU citizens whether or not they’re based there.
What is General Data Protection Regulation
For the purpose of making all EU fit for the digital age. More than 90% of Europeans say they want the same data protection rights across the EU and regardless of where their data is processed. So General Data Protection Regulation is the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
In this digital age and social media where data are shared anyhow. The right of some people re being tampered upon, the regulation is an essential step to strengthen citizens’ fundamental rights in the digital age and facilitate business by simplifying rules for companies in the digital single market.
Facebook is where al lot of personal data are bein shared. Facebook are hereby directed its users to full comply with General Data Protection Regulation. Facebook states that
Data protection is central to the Facebook companies. We comply with current EU data protection law and will comply with the GDPR. Our GDPR preparations are well underway, supported by the largest cross-functional team in Facebook’s history. We’re also expanding our Dublin-led data protection team which is leading these efforts
How to comply with Facebook General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Facebook has stated that Businesses who advertise with the Facebook companies can continue to use Facebook platforms and solutions in the same way they do today. Each company is responsible for ensuring their own compliance with the GDPR, just as they are responsible for compliance with the laws that apply to them today
How Facebook to comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Facebook has put in place on how to comply with Facebook General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Here is the list
- Facebook will provide people with control over how their data is used
- Facebook will also accountable for our practices and have Privacy Principles that explain how we think about privacy and data protection
- It will provide education through consent experiences for new and existing users, in-product notifications and consumer education campaigns.
How to comply with Facebook (GDPR)
- Data processed must be necessary for the Service and defined in the contract with the individual
- Requires a freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous consent by clear affirmative action
- People have a right to withdraw consent, which must be brought to their attention
- Must be from a person over the age of consent specified in that Member State, otherwise given by or authorised by a parent/guardian
- Explicit consent is required for some processing (e.g., special categories of personal data)
- A business or third party must have legitimate interests which are not overridden by individuals’ rights or interests.
- Data processing must be paused if an objection is raised by an individual
For more info.. Check Here