Herdsmen killed 4 Police and 32 villagers. It was an agony in the villages of Awe, Keana, Obi and Doma all in Nasarawa State as the gunmen suspected to be HERDSMEN invaded these villages killed 32 Tiv villagers at various locations across the southern senatorial district of Nasarawa State. The coordinated attacks reportedly took place on Saturday and Sunday.
The attacked were carried out simultaneously in Awe, Keana, Obi and Doma local government areas of the state, leaving 19 others with varying degrees of injury.
Herdsmen killed 4 Police and 32 villagers
The state Commissioner for Water Resources, Gabriel Akaaka spoke to Punch, that the gunmen invaded his house and set it ablaze.
He said, “It is true the gunmen believed to be Fulani herders raided my house this morning and set it ablaze.
“The Tiv villagers are stranded. I have just spoken to the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Ahmed Bello, to deploy his security personnel and security operatives in the state to the area in order to rescue the villagers.”
It was also confirmed that about 15,000 fleeing Tiv villagers were stranded on the streets of Lafia, the state capital, while over 100,000 were taking refuge in different Internally Displaced Persons camps at Agwatashi, Aloshi, Awe, Adudu, Obi, Keana, Doma, Agyaragu, among other locations.
- Osun APC governorship primary postpone to Friday
- Saraki set to defect to PDP holds private meeting with PDP Chieftains
- Cat caught reading with students at Obafemi Awolowo University (photos)
- Hoodlums set ablaze Dino Melaye Constituency projects on inauguration day
- #Banky: Banky W gives a childish reply to ladies who mocked him of driving 1999 sports utility vehicle
- Final year student found dead in wall after SARS invasion of hostel
- Jungle Justice: 30 years old Man burnt to death in Uyo [Photos]
- EFCC re-arraigns former Governor Kalu on charges of N7.6bn fraud
- Breaking: Dasuki released on bail after 3 years in detention
- How Facebook celebrated 2018 world Emoji Day [Photos and Video]