Guidelines for JAMB 2018/18 registrations: JAMB 2018 registration has begun. Candidates are expected to obtained their form in accredited centers across the 36 states. You need to study the guidelines very well before you start your registration.
Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released 400 approved CBT registration centers across the 36 states and federal capital. JAMB also made some changes in the registration guidelines, that is why you must study the new registration guidelines very well before you even start.
- 1 Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
- 1.1 REGISTRATION GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- 1.2 Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
- 1.3 GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- 1.4 ORDER OF CHOICE OF INSTITUTIONS
- 1.5 DATE AND VENUE FOR THE 2017 /18 UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION
- 1.6 Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
- 1.7 REGISTRATION FEE
- 1.8 OPTIONAL UTME-MOCK-EXAMINATION
- 1.9 REGISTRATION CENTRES
- 1.10 GENERAL INFORMATION
Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
We are going to give you all the procedures and guidelines you must follow before you start your registration.
This is all you should know about JAMB 2017 guidelines:
The period of sale/registration for UTME is from Monday 20 March to Wednesday 19 and April 2017 while registration closes on Saturday 22 April 2017. For DIRECT ENTRY, the application will be on sale from Sunday 23 April, 2017 Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
REGISTRATION GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
i. Each candidate must have personal e-mail address and mobile phone number.
ii. Each candidate is to use his/her functional and valid personal e-mail address. The system would reject at the point of registration any already used e-mail address.
iii. Each candidate must personally create a JAMB profile on the JAMB portal through JAMB Mobile App available on Android, Windows and iOS platforms OR visit a Bank, NIPOST to create his/her JAMB profile on the JAMB portal: www.jamb.org.ng. Name, date of birth, personal e-mail address and place of origin are required to create the profile. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
iv. Payment for JAMB’s E-PIN-registration and the recommended reading text is done at the banks and NIPOST. Banks have also agreed to make these services available at CBT centres and JAMB State Offices.
v. Each Candidate should visit any accredited CBT centre (the list of accredited CBT centres are on our website i.e. www.jamb.gov.ng) with his/her personal details, the profile and evidence of payment.
Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
The CBT centre or JAMB State Office, supplies, at no extra cost, the prescribed reading text and the CD containing:
a) e-brochure showing guidelines on admission detailing list of tertiary institutions and available programmes of study
. b) Syllabus (e-syllabus) for the examination
. c) Step by step guide on completing the application form
. d) A video messages from the Registrar of JAMB and a demo on how to use eight (8) keys for UTME examination without mouse.(For candidates with little familiarity with Computers)
vii. Each Candidate is to complete the online application form by supplying the required details such as name, e-mail address, L.G.A., academic qualifications, etc. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
viii. At the CBT centre, Candidate’s ten fingers biometric and image will be captured and uploaded.
ix. O/L and/or A/L grades are to be provided by candidates. Candidates who are awaiting result should supply the result online as soon as the results are available on JAMB’S portal. No recommendations from any Institution will be considered by JAMB if the candidate has not supplied his/her O/L result on the portal of JAMB. x. Each Candidate is to collect his e-slip at the end of registration as evidence of registration. There will be no offline registration, as all the accredited CBT centres have been empowered for real life online registration. No candidate should register at any centre other than the accredited CBT centre and JAMB State office. Any candidate who is registered outside approved centres will be identified and disqualified. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
1. The general entry requirements for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID) and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes in Universities, other Degree-Awarding Institutions, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Innovation Enterprise Institutions and Colleges of Education are available in the e- Brochure which would be given to each Candidate at the accredited CBT centres and JAMB state offices.
2. Candidates with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct Entry: (a) A minimum of five (5) GCE/WASCE credits at not more than two sings with at least two Principal or Advanced level G.C.E. and the others. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
(b) Two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
(c) Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E., NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses) and ND. Education may be accepted as a third A’ Level subject for those taking courses in Educaon. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
(d) Minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma including the O’Level requirements.
(e) Candidates are to note that they will be required to provide their JAMB registration number which they used in gaining admission to NCE, Diploma etc for Direct Entry admission. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
ORDER OF CHOICE OF INSTITUTIONS
On the 2017 registration platform, Candidates are to note that their 1 choice can be a College of Education, University, Innovative Enterprise Institutes, Polytechnics/Monotechnics, NDA (Nigerian Defense Academy) or Nigeria Police Academy. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
DATE AND VENUE FOR THE 2017 /18 UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATION
The 2017 UTME will commence on 6 May and end on 20 May, 2017 (excluding May 12, 2017 because of Candidates sitting for WAEC’s Further Mathematics examination). The venue of the examination will be at any centre in the candidate’s chosen examination town. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
- Registration fee for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination or Direct Entry is Five Thousand Naira (₦5,000) only. Candidates are also, as usual, to pay Five Hundred Naira (₦500) only to obtain the reading text- ‘In Dependence’ for UTME candidates and ”The Last Days at Forcados High School” for Direct Entry Candidates.
- Candidates should note that e-PINS being purchased individual profile and are not transferable.
- Candidates are advised to keep as confidential their security details such as registration numbers, password/numbers of ATM Cards, e-mail addresses and E-Pins. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
The Board will mount a mock examination in all the accredited CBT centres to prepare and familiarize INTERESTED Candidates with the CBT environment. Interested candidates are advised to indicate their interest in the mock examination during the registration process.
The CBT Centres are allowed to collect through their (CBT Centres)bank accounts, a separate Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only, for this exercise are notification of centre has been received by the Candidate.
The payment for mock examination shall be made to the centres to which the candidate is assigned the notification of assigned centres for the mock examination.
No Association or body is permitted to run any mock examination on behalf of JAMB. NOTE: Do Not pay for Mock until JAMB assigns you to a CBT centre. The mock examination shall take place on Saturday 8 April, 2017.Guidelines for JAMB 2018 registrations
In line with the Board’s regulated registration exercise, only the accredited Computer Based Test Centres and JAMB States and FCT Offices will be allowed to register candidates. This is to avoid exploitation, off-line registration, mismatch of candidates’ particulars and other registration-irregularities. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
- The registration fee, once paid is non-refundable.
- Registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is available at the CBT centres and JAMB Offices Nationwide. The accredited centres have been empowered to assist in this regard.
- As it is the practice, centres are allowed to charge not more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) only as registration fee. Any centre that charges more than Seven Hundred Naira (₦700) should be reported to JAMB for appropriate sanctions. Guidelines for JAMB 2018/19 registrations
Now you are good to go to start your registration. good luck.