Fire out break destroys over 200 stores in Edo state

Fire out break destroys over 200 stores in Edo state, Jos Adun market was set ablaze early this morning, is popularly known as Kara market, in Benin, Edo State, on Thursday, destroyed goods worth of hundreds millions of naira in about 200 lock-up stores.

Fire out break destroys over 200 stores in Edo state

Fire out break destroys over 200 stores in Edo state

The market which is located at Aduwawa, Ipoba-Okha local government of the State, is mostly populated by Hausas who sell clothes, provisions, food stuff, shoes, among others kind of goods.

The fire emanated as a result of electrical spark  in one of the restaurants around 9am Thursday morning, it destroyed so many properties, others restaurants and their living rooms

 

One of the lucky traders whose shops were not affected by the fire, Abubakar Abdullahi, confirmed that the fire started exactly 9 am from one of the restaurants in the market.

He started that, “I was outside when I heard people shouting fire and by the time I rushed down to my shop, the fire has already catch up with most of the shops in the market. So we started parking out our things from shop but I thank God that it didn’t get to my shop,”

 

From reliable sources, is about 30 minutes after, before information could get to the fire fighter a lot of goods worth of millions of naira had been destroyed

Fire out break destroys over 200 stores in Edo state, Abubakar added that, this is marked the third fire incident in the market since 2016.  Also speaking Muhammed Ali, whose provisions shop was razed down, said he lost goods worth over N1 million to the inferno.

Muhammed who has four children and two wives said he is totally confused and doesn’t know where to go or start from. He said, “I have lost everything that I have to the fire incident. I was not able to save anything, as you can see everything was burnt. I don’t know where to go from here,

 

Another victim, Ali Kwara, a meat seller, whose living room was affected?, said he lost money and other properties to the fire.

He said “I don’t have a shop there but a room where I sleep. I was at the market going about with business when they called me that the place where I live was on fire and when I arrived at my house, money and properties were gone. This clothe I am putting on now is all that I have now. We lost over N10 million here. One person lost N700, 000 and many other people also lost cash more than that and I am not even talking about the goods,”

 

A lot of peoples that fall as victims count their lost as they cries, it is very sad to witness such an incident, so many good, and properties was damaged and destroyed but glory be to God that there is no loss of life.

 

Tunde omotimehin

surfing the internet and also working hard

%d bloggers like this: