The Governor of Ekiti State Ayodele Fayose wept while narrating his encounter in hand of Policemen. he alleged that the policemen deployed in the state for the Saturday governorship election stormed the pavilion where the Peoples Democratic Party was holding their rally and harassed him.
According to the report, Fayose weeps as he recounts how policemen slapped, shot at him
The governor, who emerged with a neck brace narrated his ordeal and asked supporters of the party to remain resolute and vote for his deputy, who is also the governorship candidate of the PDP, Prof. Olusola Kolapo.
Fayose weeps as he recounts how policemen slapped
Fayose,who burst into tears while speaking with journalists said he was slapped, kicked and shot at by the policemen and said the Inspector General of Police should be held responsible if anything happened to him.
“My people, the Lord will fight this battle. The COMPOL MOPOL of Nigeria Police and the AIG ordered that the governor should be killed. I was slapped by a policeman and shot at,
“But I want you to be of great courage. This battle must be won. This is an army of occupation. I want you to stand and remain standing.
“I hope they will not cause 1983 crisis. I call on the international community, Ekiti is under siege. How can I be the governor of the stage and be treated this way? I will go back to the hospital and remain there for a while.
“Stand with Eleka. I am having a lot of pain and I decide to bear this pain because of you, I am pleading with the international community, Nigeria is in trouble. They have arrested so many teachers, may okada riders, they put them in jail. Come and save Ekiti, this is our hour of tribulation.
“They said they have the instruction go kill me and the candidate of our party. They said they have the result they would announce on Saturday.”
- Jungle Justice: 30 years old Man burnt to death in Uyo [Photos]
- EFCC re-arraigns former Governor Kalu on charges of N7.6bn fraud
- Breaking: Dasuki released on bail after 3 years in detention
- How Facebook celebrated 2018 world Emoji Day [Photos and Video]
- Cossy Ojiakor lets Baba Fryo touch her breasts for a fee
- 50 die and 500 houses destroyed as flood overrun Buhari’s home state Katsina [Photos]
- EFCC sets to arrest Fayose over N1.3bn poultry project
- France crowns Russia 2018 world cup champion [Photos]
- Watch France vs Croatia live world cup 2018 final Join us live Now
- I will restore Ekiti values, Fayemi speaks on his victory