Sokoto State Government has disbursed N11 million for the purchase of cows for the provision of meat to 4,205 orphans on the Eid El-Kabir Day.
The Chairman of the State Zakkat and Endowment Committee, Alhaji Lawal Maidoki, on Saturday said, “N130,000 was given to each of the 85 districts in the 23 Local Government Areas of the state.
“Each of the districts will buy a cow, slaughter it and distribute it to 50 orphans each.
“The gesture is aimed at providing a sense of belonging to the orphans during the sallah festivities. ”
The chairman averred that the committee has taken measures to ensure the judicious utilization of the funds.
Maidoki further promised that the committee will monitor the distribution of the meat to ensure that all the targeted children were adequately covered.
He also appealed to the District Heads to ensure the equitable distribution of the meat from their end.
- 12 years old girl gang raped to death in Anambra [Graphic Photos]
- Ighalo reveals why Nigeria lost to Croatia in World cup opener
- Brazil 1 – 1 Switzerland: Switzerland held Brazil to one all draw
- Brazil 1 – 1 Switzerland live scores from the tough match
- Brazil vs Switzerland live updates as it happens
- Makarfi joins presidential race vows to kick out Buhari
- Nigerian Man Kisses His Croatian Babe On The Streets Of Russia after Eagle lost
- Russia world cup 2018 goals catalog for every matches
- 100 Happy Fathers day 2018 Messages, wishes, Quotes and Pictures you can send to Fathers
- Croatia 2-0 Nigeria: Nigerians react hilariously to 2 zero lost to Croatia