The Senator representing Kogi East Senator Atai Aidoko has been sacked by the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja. The Court also ordered immediate swear in AVM Alfa to replace the sacked lawmaker.
The court presided over by judge, Gabriel Kolawole, ruled that Mr Aidoko was wrongly presented as the flag bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in the December 2014 Primaries conducted by the PDP.
Following the presentation of Mr Aidoko as the party’s flag bearer, Mr Aidoko’s challenger, Isaac Alfa, began a legal battle for the nullification of Mr Aidoko’s election.
An appeal court had ordered parties to return to the trial court to allow it determine the rightful owner of the suit, thus rendering the seat vacant.
However, Mr Aidoko refused vacating the office and has appeared repeatedly at Senate plenaries since then.
On Wednesday, the court ordered the PDP and Mr Aidoko to pay Mr Alfa N750,000 each.
- Super Eagles rated No 3 worst team in world cup after first group matches
- Iran vs Spain live scores from world cup 2018 group B
- Watch Spain vs Iran Live from your mobile [Live Streaming]
- Spain vs Iran live updates, live scores and live streaming
- Lady killed by the wife of her sugar daddy left note beside her corpse [Photos]
- Watch Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia Live streaming and quick updates
- Portugal 1 – 0 Morocco live scores – Ronaldo heads in the first goal against Morocco
- Portugal vs Morocco live updates, scores as it happens
- TECNO Spark 2 Unboxing, First Impressions and Quick Review
- How To Win 1 Million Naira in TECNO #LightUpYourDream2018