Court finds former Plateau Governor Joshua Dariye guilty of fraud. The Federal High Court in Abuja has found the former governor of Plateau State Joshua Dariye guilty of diverting N1. 161.9 billion while he served as governor of the North-central state.
He was brought to court on a 23-count charge for the alleged offence by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC in 2007.
Court finds former Plateau Governor Joshua Dariye guilty of fraud
Although Mr Dariye’s lawyer, Kanu Agabi, questioned the authenticity of evidence adduced in court against his client, the court said the evidences clearly indicate a case of diversion.
The judge, Adebukola Banjoko, found him guilty of diverting funds to the Peoples Democratic Party in the state among other groups.
Mrs Banjoko who was still reading the judgement at the time of this report found Mr Dariye guilty of counts 1, 2, 4, and 7.
The counts relate to the diversion of N80 million to the PDP, N100 million to a company, Marine flow and other sums through the All State Bank.
- Super Eagles rated No 3 worst team in world cup after first group matches
- Iran vs Spain live scores from world cup 2018 group B
- Watch Spain vs Iran Live from your mobile [Live Streaming]
- Spain vs Iran live updates, live scores and live streaming
- Lady killed by the wife of her sugar daddy left note beside her corpse [Photos]
- Watch Uruguay vs Saudi Arabia Live streaming and quick updates
- Portugal 1 – 0 Morocco live scores – Ronaldo heads in the first goal against Morocco
- Portugal vs Morocco live updates, scores as it happens
- TECNO Spark 2 Unboxing, First Impressions and Quick Review
- How To Win 1 Million Naira in TECNO #LightUpYourDream2018