President Buhari has unveiled the second term agenda which contains in the document released yesterday named a next level document.
The President also unveiled a campaign theme called a “The Next Level: Working for the Greatest Number”,
Buhari listed what he will achieve if re-elected as a president of Nigeria. Some key projects he highlighted in the document include:
Buhari unveils plans in Next level agenda
- To extend Npower beneficiaries from 500,000 to 1,000,000 and provide skills for 10,000,000 Nigerian youths.
- To expand the school feeding programme from 9.3 million to 15 million children to create 300,000 extra jobs for vendors and farmers.
- To complete the Ibadan/Kano phase of the Lagos/Kano rail link, the Port Harcourt/Maiduguri line, the Itakpa/Warri link to Abuja, through Lokoja; the Second Niger Bridge; and the East-West Road connecting Warri, Delta State, to Oron, Akwa Ibom State, through Kaiama and Port Harcourt in Bayelsa and Rivers State respectively.
- To institutionalize the giving out of soft loans of up to N1 million to small traders, artisans and commercial drivers, including taxi drivers, Keke and motorcycle riders.
- To consolidate on its Trader Moni, Market Moni and Farmer Moni schemes by increasing the number of beneficiaries from 2.3 million to 10 million
- To achieve 35 per cent in female appointments, give more access to youth appointment in boards and agencies.
- To digitalised both the primary school and secondary school across Nigeria, 0,000 schools per year will be remodelled and equipped, transforming classrooms to labs, workshops and collaboration centres.
- Agriculture Mechanization Policy to create 5m jobs
- Livestock Transformation Plan to create 1.5million jobs
- To train 200,000 youth for outsourcing market in technology, services and entertainment
- Provision of $500m innovation fund to tech and creative sector to create 500,000 jobs