It was a sad weekend in Borno when reported Borno explosion claims 40 people’s lives. The update from University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital has it that not less than 40 people have died in the explosion that rocked Borno State. several people were also reportedly injured from the incident.
Nigerian dailies are reporting conflicting figures some put the death toll as 20 while some reported 30, 32 etc. the new update has put the figured to be 40.
The blast which was carried out by the suspected Boko Haram bomber in in Abbachari, Damboa Local Government Area of Borno State. Although the cause of the explosion is yet to be ascertained but the Milatary revealed that six suicide bombers detonated the Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) that claimed the lives of those innocent people.
Borno explosion claims 40 people’s lives
It was a great shock that Borno explosion claims 40 people’s lives and left about 82 people injured in critical condition. Malam Buba Shettima, however, said two separate bomb blasts occurred in Shuwari and Abbachari, at about 8:30p.m
We are here in this hospital to check our people affected by Saturday’s bomb blasts. So far, the victims have been responding to treatment,” he said.
The Borno State government had on Thursday announced a half day vehicular curfew – from 6 p.m. to 12 noon on Friday – to prevent Boko Haram attacks. The curfew restricted Islamic worshipers to pray at Eid prayer grounds near their homes.
The photos we obtained from the incident are displayed below.