Seyi Makinde was declared the winner of Oyo State Governorship election conducted on Saturday, March 9, 2019. Well, do you know Oyo Governor-elect? Here we are going to give you the details biography and the profile of Seyi Makinde the incoming governor of Oyo state.
Engr. Seyi Makinde declared the winner of the 2019 Gubernatorial election in Oyo State after he scored a total of 515,621 votes while Chief Adebayo Adelabu of APC has a total of 357,982 votes.
Meet the Governor-elect of Oyo State Seyi Makinde.
Biography of Seyi Makinde Oyo Governor-elect
Engr. Seyi Makinde was born on 25 December 1967 to a renowned teacher turned accountant; late Pa Olatubosun Makinde and Madam Abigail Makinde of Aigbofa Compound in Oja’ba, Ibadan. He is the third child of the family.
Makinde began his education at St Paul Primary School and completed his primary education at St Michael Primary School, Yemetu, Ibadan. His secondary education was at Bishop Phillips Academy, Monatan, Ibadan. In 1985, he gained admission to the University of Lagos (Unilag) where he earned his bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering. (Read More Wikipedia)
Profile of Seyi Makinde Oyo Governor-elect
1. Oluwaseyi trained at Industrial Control Services in Houston, Texas
2. in 2005, he studied Understanding and Solving Complex Business Problems at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA.
3. Makinde did his national service (NYSC) with Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) of Nigeria, where he was later engaged as a pupil engineer.
4. he worked as a Field Engineer (Eket operations) for Rebold International Limited and in 1995, he was appointed as Field Manager in the same company.
5. In 1997, Makinde established his first business, Makon Engineering and Technical Services Limited (METS), after working for five years (1992-1997) with various international oil and gas companies (IOCs), as the Engineering Manager
6. In 2007, Makinde contested for the Oyo South Senatorial seat under the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) but lost to the People’s Democratic Party candidate- Kamoru Adedibu.
7. In September 2017, Engineer Seyi Makinde returned to his former political party, People’s Democratic Party (PDP)
8. On September 29, 2018, Makinde emerged as the gubernatorial candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the 2019 general elections for Oyo State, after polling 2772 votes at the primary election that took place at liberty stadium, Oke-Ado in Ibadan.
9. On February 23, 2019, the Makinde led People’s Democratic Party (PDP) secured majority votes (515, 621) to record an emphatic victory over the ruling party.
10. Mr Seyi Makinde was elected into the Office of the Governor of Oyo State at the 2019 Gubernatorial elections for Oyo State which held on March 9th, 2019. ( Credit: Wikipedia)