Abducted Pastor’s decomposing body found in Edo. Decomposing body of pastor kidnapped by the suspected Fulani Herbsmen has been found by a search team comprising hunters and vigilantes on April 3. Pastor Pius Eromosele of the Church of God Mission in the Ovia North -East Local Government Area of Edo State was abducted on his farmland at Odighi community on March 29.
The body of the deceased and that of another person were discovered in the bush by a search team comprising hunters and vigilantes on April 3.
Abducted Pastor’s decomposing body found in Edo
According to the son of the deceased, Dr. Richard Eromosele, the killers had earlier demanded a ransom of N4m before the decomposing body was found.
“On March 29 , my mother called that she had been calling my father and that he didn ’t pick the calls. She later called that my father later picked and told her that he had been kidnapped by herdsmen on his farm,” he said.
“The herdsmen did not use their phones. They were using my father’s phone and a phone of one of his workers . They demanded N4 m but we begged them that it was a holiday and we could not raise the money”
He also said two of his father’s employees ; Kingsley and Akpan, narrated how he was killed , after they managed to escape.
“I went to the police and they told me that I should call them whenever the herdsmen called for ransom payment. I did that but there was no response from the police. The two workers that escaped told us that the herdsmen told my father that he was one of those killing their cows. It was on Tuesday, after the police failed to find my father that I begged hunters and vigilantes to help me.
“It was during the search that we found my father. His skull was cut out with a cutlass while his hands were also cut. We want security agencies to protect farmers in Odighi.’’
The Edo State Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, who confirmed the incident said one person has been arrested one suspect in connection with the killing.
Speaking to newsmen, Kokumo, dismissed reports that the late pastor was killed by Fulani herdsmen. He described the incident as a case of kidnapping.
“One suspect was arrested and is currently undergoing interrogation. It was a clear case of kidnapping. I have not seen where herdsmen and farmers clash and the herdsmen demand ransom. Three people were kidnapped. Two of them escaped from the kidnappers’ camp,”
- Osun APC governorship primary postpone to Friday
- Saraki set to defect to PDP holds private meeting with PDP Chieftains
- Cat caught reading with students at Obafemi Awolowo University (photos)
- Hoodlums set ablaze Dino Melaye Constituency projects on inauguration day
- #Banky: Banky W gives a childish reply to ladies who mocked him of driving 1999 sports utility vehicle
- Final year student found dead in wall after SARS invasion of hostel
- Jungle Justice: 30 years old Man burnt to death in Uyo [Photos]
- EFCC re-arraigns former Governor Kalu on charges of N7.6bn fraud
- Breaking: Dasuki released on bail after 3 years in detention
- How Facebook celebrated 2018 world Emoji Day [Photos and Video]