Here is the list of 10 things you didn’t know about Shagaya. Shagaya was the former Minister of Internal Affairs during the administration of ex-military dictator, Ibrahim Babangida. The former General Gen. John Shagaya died of motor accident on Saturday along Langtang to Jos road. How well do you know this elder statesman.
Here we are going to list 10 things you didn’t know about Shagaya. Shagaya lost his his life on Saturday when the front type of his vehicle burst in motion. He died instantly.
10 things you didn’t know about Shagaya
Some of the things you should know about this man are:
- Shagaya was Born in Langtang North, on Sept. 2, 1942,
- He attended Junior Primary School at Nyer and Sudan United Mission (S.U.M) Primary School, Langtang between 1952-1959, later went to the Nigeria Military School (N.M.S) Zaria in 1960-1964.
- Shagaya was Director of the defunct Lion Bank (Nig.) Plc between 1998-2003
- He was the former chairman of Langtang local government area of Plateau State.
- Shagaya was a retired General and also took part in ECOMOG peace keeping.
- He participated in the Nigeria Civil War from 1967-1970.
- He was a chairman Governing Board of National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies Kuru in Jos Plateau state.
- Shagaya served as minister of internal affairs under military President Ibrahim Babangida
- He was a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- He was named the Chairman, Board of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) by President Muhammadu Buhari
The late Shagaya was a true Nigerian who devoted his effort in serving his father’s land. He will be missed by all.