Check 10 things you didn’t know about Dangote Daughter’s wedding. The ancient city of Kano was warmed yesterday as the riches man in Africa and business mogul, Alhaji Aliko Dangote gave daughter hands in marriage. High profiles Nigerian politician, successful businessmen and women, captains of industries and diplomats. Among the digitaries are the president of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari and the former richest man in world now second renowned philanthropist, Mr. Bill Gates, Most governors of Nigeria and the host of other.
The wedding ceremony took place in ancient inner palaces of the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II. The wedding between the Fatiha, daughter of business tycoon, Alhaji Aliko Dangote and her groom, Jamilu Abubakar. Jamilu Abubakar is a son of former Police Inspector-General, Muhammad Abubakar.
10 things you didn’t know about Dangote Daughter’s wedding
Some notable things you should know about this celebrity wedding. They are listed below;
- The price tag or dowry was priced at N500,000 and the president of Nigeria Muhammadu Buhari act in capacity as the as the bride’s father, received the N500,000 dowry from the representative of the groom at the occasion.
2. The second richest man in the world renowned philanthropist, Mr. Bill Gates came in from United States of America to register his present at wedding.
3. Two security operatives DSS attached to the host governor, Ganduje and a private security outfit, K-Square Security engaged in a fair battle but fail to disrupt the ceremony.
4. The Emir of Kano Alhaji Muhammadu Sanusi II presided over the religious rite and was assisted by by the Chief Imam of Kano, Prof. Sani Zaharaddeen.
5. The wedding was attended by about 15 state Governors in Nigeria. There are
- Abdullahi Umar Ganduje (Kano)
- Mohammed Abubakar Badaru (Jigawa)
- Godwin Obaseki (Edo)
- Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara)
- Aminu Bello Masari (Katsina)
- Kassim Shettima (Borno)
- Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun)
- Ajimobi (Oyo)
- Nasir El-Rufai (Kaduna)
- Yahaya Bello (Kogi)
- Aminu Tambuwal (Sokoto)
- Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo (Gombe)
- Abubakar Bello (Niger)
- Mohammad Bindow Jubrila (Adamawa)
- Mohammad Abdullahi (Bauchi) etc
6. Security at the occasion was tight as all the entrances leading to the palace were cordoned-off by heavily armed security operatives.
7. Over N2 billions has been tabled for the wedding.
8. Two Prominent Yoruba Obas was also in attendance Oni of Ile and Oba of Lagos.
9. Former Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar (rtd) and House of Representatives Speaker, Yakubu Dogara and some senators are also in attendance.
10. Photos from the wedding has started coming in. see some of the photos below.