Here is the list of 10 things you didn’t know about late Barbara Bush Barbara Bush was the former first lady to the 41st president, George H.W. Bush, and mother of the 43rd, George W. Bush.and mother. She died on Tuesday at the age of 92. Barbara Bush was among the few few mother in the world that are considered to be highly blessed. Well how well do you know late Barbara Bush who was double as wife and mother of America president.
George H.W. Bush office announced the passing away of Barbara Bush on Tuesday 17th of April 2018 at the 92. She celebrated their 73rd wedding anniversary in January this year.
10 things you didn’t know about late Barbara Bush
Barbara Bush biography will take up about 100 pages or more. But here we will only focus on memorable event of her life. She is a woman worthy to be celebrated.
- The starting point of her was when she found love at the age of 16 while in school. The relationship lead to marriage of H. W Bush who later became the president of America and Barbara Bush as first lady. One of the product of the marriage George W. Bush also became the President of America. Barbara was constantly in White House first the wife of the president and second the mother of the president. She had six wonderful children
- Barbara embraced the cause of universal literacy, and founded a foundation for family literacy As first lady, from 1989 to 1993.
- She initiated many vital projects in United States like included various charities and Republican women’s groups in Washington
- Barbara Bush was the backbone of her husband in all her husband political careers. Barbara Bush defended her husband’s experience and personal qualities when he announced his candidacy for President of the United States in 1980. She caused a stir when she said that she supported ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment and was pro-choice on abortion [Wiki]. 10 things you didn’t know about late Barbara Bush
- She donated all proceeds from the book to literacy charities and formed Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy
- On October 3, 2008, Barbara Bush and her husband George opened the “George and Barbara Bush Center.
- n September 2010, Barbara and George Bush established the “George and Barbara Bush Distinguished Lecture Series” in partnership with the University of New England. The aim was to honors the legacy of Barbara and George Bush as political and community leaders.
- She was a fierce advocate of civil rights and went against many of her husband’s Republican party supporters with her more liberal view on abortion rights.
- Barbara Bush was also the mother of Jeb Bush, who served as governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007 and unsuccessfully ran for the White House in 2016.
- Barbara Bush was one of only two women whose husband and son became US president, and the only one to have seen them both sworn in. 10 things you didn’t know about late Barbara Bush